Terms and Conditions
Vendexo expects its users to behave in a responsible manner in order to maintain system integrity and availability for the benefit of all users.
When you use any of Vendexo's services, in any form, you automatically accept and agree to the following terms and conditions.
Extra terms and conditions may apply depending on the Vendexo services you sign up to, and you are required to accept and adhere each and all of them.
These terms and conditions may be updated from time to time, with the latest version being available from here. Users hereby agree to keep cognisant of the current terms and conditions by viewing them at the indicated website from time to time.
Vendexo reserves to right to suspend or cancel a user's access to any or all services it provides if it decides that it has been used inappropriately or not. Specifically:
- Legal products: Products whose details are added by merchants to their online shops must be legal and legitimate only.
- Lawful purposes: The system will be used for lawful and legitimate purposes only.
- No pornographic or offensive content.
- No offence: Text entered by merchants into the system (for example: names for businesses, shops, products etc., descriptions, web page and e-mail content), together with images and other media files must not contain offensive or defamatory material, nor should it contain references or hyperlinks to such material.
- Do not make false claims or claims which cannot be substantiated about products or services sold using Vendexo's services.
- No false product or service endorsements or testimonails.
- No SPAM: Users will not use this system for sending unsolicited e-mails.
- No unauthorized use of other people's accounts.
- No attempt will be made to corrupt data or system integrity.
- No attempt will be made to overload or flood the system with requests or jobs thereby threatening to, or actually causing denial of service to other users.
- Fair usage: Reasonable and fair use of system resources.
Merchants opening and operating online shops with Vendexo must be over 18 years of age.
To free up system resources:
- Dormant shops: In order to free up system resources for all users, shops (and their associated products and order history) whose licences have expired for 30 days or more may be deleted without notice.
- Dormant Accounts: In order to free up system resources, the accounts of users (merchants and customers) which have not been logged into for at least 6 months may be deleted without notice.
The website may be inaccessible at certain times due to maintenance or fault, but these should be very short.
E-mail notifications are not guaranteed to be successfully delivered in all cases. E-mail addresses may be incorrect, recipient's mail boxes may be full or over quota, e-mail servers may be inaccessible etc.
- Vendexo cannot be held responsible for the quality, fitness for purpose etc. of products sold by merchants using this service. It also cannot be held responsible for the inability of the merchant to supply ordered goods or services.
- Merchants agree to to defend, indemnify, save and hold harmless from any
and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including legal fees
levied against us, our agents, our customers, officers and employees that may
arise or result from any service provided or performed, or agreed to be performed
or any product sold by the merchant its agents employees or assigns. The merchant
agrees to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless against liabilities arising out of:
- any injury to person or property caused by any product or service sold or otherwise distributed in connection with our service;
- any material supplied by the merchant infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party;
- copyright infringement and
- any defective products sold to customers using our service.
- The services offered by Vendexo are provided on an "as is" basis, and no representations or warranties of completeness, merchantability or suitability for any purpose are made, save as required by the laws of the Republic of Ireland. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
Link to vendexo.com
Any website using the Vendexo service must maintain a visible and clickable hyperlink to http://www.vendexo.com at the bottom or footer of all webpages. Vendexo reserves the right to place this hyperlink on such pages without notice if necessary. This is currently generated automatically for the shopping pages, and merchants undertake not to intefere with this.
- Apart from the initial 30 days free trial, merchants are required to purchase a shop licence for a defined number of days. There are various capacities and time-periods to choose from to suit the scale at which the merchant operates. The capacity defines, among others things, the maximum number of products which the shop can have. If a licence is not renewed before it expires, then shoppers will be unable to visit the merchant's shop.
- Transaction charges: A small fixed fee is chargeable on each order placed with a merchant's online shop. This helps us keep the licence fee low, and yet still take some account of the costs which we incur to facilitate the transaction. Rather than issuing invoices for what could be low-value amounts, we instead operate a system of credits. These are puchased in advance by the merchant, and a credit is deducted for each order the merchant receives. Merchants are responsible for keeping their credit balance at an appropriate level. Various sizes of credit packs can be purchased online to suit the merchant's transaction rate. Customers will be unable to purchase items from an online shop whose credit balance has reached zero.
- Shop licences and credit packs are purchased using the shop management console (the web application to manage the merchant's shops and products). This console clearly indicates the expiration date of the current shop licence (if any) and the remaining credit balance. These will be highlighted for greater notice if they are about to, or have, run out.
- If the user initiates the cancellation, or if the user is deemed by Vendexo to be in breach of these terms of conditions, then the user agrees that no refund of shop licence fees is due. Note, Vendexo offers a 30 day free trial period during which merchants can evaluate the service and determine whether or not it meets their needs.
- In the event of cancellation, by either party, the cost of any remaining purchased transaction credits will be refunded to the merchant (subject to deductions, described below).
- Refund deductions: Any amounts refunded to the user shall be reduced by a 10 Euro administration fee, and, additionally, by any fees levied by payment processors when the user made the original purchase.